Thursday 21 April 2016

The Book Basket


This is what we're reading from everyday. It's a collection of our most loved stories and some of the better suited dinosaur stories and non-fiction that we have. We have A LOT of books and could probably read 3 different books every day for a year. But I want Tama to learn to read more via reading- which is how the other kids did it than by depending on phonics and decoding... yes I'm a whole language fan- it's worked for the rest of the crew, very well. Some of these he already knows by memory anyway so he can 'read' them himself. What he has started doing is spotting words that he knows- like 'to' and 'the'. I wasn't intending to 'teach' him to read this year- and I'm still not, but I can see that he's learning to despite me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, Please don't forget this is a family show- keep your comments polite and on topic. Cheers!